After a few unsettled nights since Celeste's 3 month jabs, my brain has turned to mush again so this entry will just be a bunch of things I can remember happening recently.
Stella-isms: Stella's language is great, the funniest thing at the moment is that if she can't remember a word she'll often replace it with a word she knows e.g. arts and crafts became arts and crayons, Molly Malone became Molly on my own (words to a song she sings). There are many more examples but of course I can't think of them right now! She has also taken to calling us by our first names. Today she said "bye Sarah, have a nice day today" when she left with Nana for Mainly Music. It is quite disconcerting! Stella is also very good at issuing instructions, Granny has been helping us out on Tuesday afternoons so when she visited yesterday Stella told her at one stage that it was time that she ironed Daddy's shirts! (something that Mark and I are both eternally grateful for!)
Stella is really into role play at the moment, she loves to pretend that her toys and dolls are babies, dressing them up, wiping their spills, feeding them and putting them down. I often find one of them in Celeste's bouncer or capsule after a session of play. The other thing she does at the moment is pretend to be a baby herself, she likes to do tummy time with Celeste and yesterday instructed me to sit down while she lay under the baby gym and I had to coo over her like I do Celeste.
Celeste is doing well, at her 3 month Plunket visit she weighed 6.66kg and was 61cm, she is a little heavier (75th percentile) than she is long (50th percentile) and smaller than Stella was on both counts. Her skin is perfect while Stella's wasn't at the same age so I am hoping all the things we have done/are doing will avoid the eczema nightmare. Celeste is really responding to people's voices now, turning to see who is coming into the room. She has long conversations with Mark - see last pic - and loves it when Stella sings to her even if it is a little loud and right in her face!
No comments:
Post a Comment