Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All About Celeste (and a bit about Stella)

Stella is currently in a rather prolonged naked phase so I have very few publishable (is that a word?) photos of her at the moment. We have been through phases within this phase including battles to put on clothes to leave the house... all tied up with toilet training we think. Anyhoo, she now understands about dressing to go out and is quite happy to do this, talking all the while about how she can undress when she gets home and be a "nudey and a cudey" not sure what a cudey is but she says the two words together and it sounds pretty cute.

Celeste is still in that convenient phase where she wears whatever we put her in, there have to be some easy things about a 7 month old after all. She is eating well, hasn't turned her nose up at anything yet. Sleep is patchy although usually good during the day. One night this week she slept for 12 hours, unfortunately Mark and I both experienced quite bad insomnia and were awake for about three hours during the night, incredibly frustrating. I tend to end up sleeping in Celeste's room most nights as it is easier to tend to her and then crash in the bed next to her cot. She wakes every few hours crying out for some reason or other... needs the dummy (bad habit but one we're prepared to live with), sore gums, rolled onto tummy and can't get back.... She is babbling a fair bit (mamama which is only fair as Stella's first sound was dadada) and has recently started making an odd growling sound, all experimenting with her voice I guess. She is sitting up well and trying to get up on her knees when on her tummy but ends up sliding backwards and away from her target which makes her a bit angry. When she is well fed, entertained and not tired, she is a wee angel and ready with big smiles for anyone who comes her way. I do sense she may be more highly strung than Stella was at the same age but we'll see, I shouldn't label her and all of that, but it is hard not to compare.

No comments: