Thursday, October 05, 2006

Last Weekend





Got a bit behind posts as Stella and I went to stay with Nana K for a few days while Mark was attending a course in Melbourne. We were still recovering from the last of our colds over the weekend so it was pretty low key. Stella's Aunties Kath & Claire visited with presents from their recent holiday in Port Douglas, a very cool retro orange pair of pants and floral pinafore from the markets for Stella, will be a perfect fit for the summer.

Speaking of retro, Mum gave us a stack of my old books so we had a 70's revival reading Stella Dr Seuss - The Lorax and The Sleep Book - as well as other faves from my childhood. I also came across some Maurice Sendak books which reminded me of a Carole King record we had as kids called Really Rosie where Sendak's words were put to music. After a quick internet search, I managed to find some Dr Seuss as well as Really Rosie on CD at www.fishpond.co.nz for a great price. I hope Stella enjoys them as much as I did!

No comments: