Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hanging out at Home





It feels like it has been pretty busy lately, I think mainly due to fitting in Stella's creche sessions along with all her other mid-week activities - Jumping Beans and Mainly Music with Nana, along with coffee group and the odd catch up with friends. The first three shots are from this morning, Stella with her beloved books, helping with the washing - running around with her washing basket over her head and then really adding value by carefully hanging the face cloths out. I had to convince her not to bring them back in as they needed to dry - she wasn't too happy about that. The last pic is of her latest self invented game which she has called the "Hats and Bibs Game." Here she sorts through all of the hats and bibs that I have pulled out of her closet for baby sister, sometimes she sorts through them herself, other times I have to hand them to her and she makes a pile of those she likes and discards those she doesn't on the floor, saying "we don't like this one." What she does and doesn't like from day to day does vary!

I have been wondering when Stella would start to show a possessive streak as she has always been rather passive when it comes to sharing her belongings. Maybe creche is helping with this as over the past week she has started to say things are hers e.g. "this is my fork, this is my pencil" however she still seems happy to share which is good. The last thing we need is a fiercely possessive streak to appear at the same time as the baby!

No comments: